From The MEAT Shop Desk:
It definitely has started to feel like Fall this week! Granted, I'm a Phoenix Native, so anything below 80 makes me cold! With temperatures dropping, it's time to start making soups, stews and chilis! From Ham Hocks, to Chili Grind to Ham Pieces, we have you covered! I know my family is going to be making chili this weekend using the $5.99/lb grain-finished beef tenderloin (filet) and I can't wait!
This last week has been crazy busy at The MEAT Shop! We've seen so many customers that we haven't seen in a while! And everyone is coming in to place their holiday orders!
This year we have 130 Thanksgiving Turkeys available and over 50 have already been spoken for! Don't wait until the last minute to try to reserve one! Call the shop today as these birds are going fast! 602-258-5075
We are also accepting Christmas orders too. We have limited availability on everything. So the sooner you get in your order, the better!
Weekly Sale for 10/29-11/4
▪ Cross-Cut Beef Shank w/Bone: $5.99/lb
▪ Beef Stew Meat: $4.99/lb
▪ Ham Pieces: $1.50/lb
▪ Bacon Pieces: $1.50/lb
▪ Carne Asada: $8.50/lb
▪ Beef Short Ribs: $5.25/lb
▪ Beef Sternum Short Ribs: $4.99/lb
▪ Buy 2 Get 1 FREE! on Regular Ground Beef
Ham and Corn Chowder
▪ 2 tablespoons butter
▪ 1 onion chopped
▪ 1/2 cup carrots peeled, halved and sliced
▪ 3 tablespoons flour
▪ 2 1/2 cups ham diced
▪ 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
▪ 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
▪ 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
▪ 2 small russet potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
▪ 1 cup heavy cream
▪ 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
▪ salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and carrot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just softened.
2. Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer. Add the ham, corn, thyme and potatoes.
4. Simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the heavy cream and bacon. Cook for 5 more minutes. Serve.
202 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix. AZ 85004
OPEN MONDAY - SATURDAY 8AM-5PM